During the reporting period, the JACS Directorate offered a range of programs directed towards increasing knowledge and awareness of WHS and preventing the risk of injury.
- Ongoing WHS due diligence training to the Senior Executive group
- Behavioural de-escalation
- Building resilience
- General awareness work, health, and safety e-learning
- Mental health first aid
- Vicarious trauma and self-care
- Wellbeing masterclass for managers
- WHS training and information sessions provided by the Safety, Health and Wellbeing team
- Training and maintenance of skills for Emergency Wardens, First Aid Officers and 86 HSRs
- Training in root cause analysis methodology to selected team leaders and managers to identify, understand, solve, and implement corrective and preventative actions for workplace injuries relating to one or more shifts of lost time from work
- Presenting information to new employees about WHS at JACS at induction training
- Providing information and training to managers and supervisors about their obligations and responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.